Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rule #2 - New Clothing

O M G

I believe I may be a closet materialistic person.

The urge to shop is killing me knowing that I am about to embark on a challenge that I firmly BELIEVE IN but do not necessarily follow.

I'm thinking of adding rule #2:

2. No buying of NEW clothes, except necessary undergarments. All clothing needs to be fulfilled at garage sales/thrift stores.

I say this because as Hubby and I were getting ready to go out for a nice dinner on our 21st anniversary, I was complaining that I had no nice clothes that fit.

That really should have equated to two different sentences:

I need to lose some weight.
and
I need to be more creative with what I have.

I have a pretty full closet. Yes, I've been tossing things aside in the goodwill/garage sale 'pile' for a few months now. If it's snug, faded, not my taste, etc., I've been ruthless.

However, I'm starting to feel the festiveness of the holidays approaching and want all the new stuff that comes out at this time of the year.

Red fuzzy sweaters.

Black sparkly dresses.

Unpractical shoes, mostly the BOOTS get me going.

I will buy a new pair of boots this year. I've got my flat grey ones from last year but this year I want brown or black. I'd prefer to have BOTH but that's just not right.

So. Rule #2. No NEW clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment