Tuesday, March 20, 2012

4 Days of Zero Spend!

Woohoo! Not a whole lot of exciting stuff going on around here but hey, I've not spent any money for FOUR DAYS! That's an excellent thing, don't you agree?

I finally got around to doing the freezer inventories, 2 of the 3. Wow, I have a LOT of food. Really should only need to be picking up fresh produce and maybe milk (although I currently have 2 1/2 gallons and 1 gallon of almond milk at the moment).  I do need to replenish the lettuce and spinach but otherwise, good to go.

In other news, a trip to Indiana is coming soon as apparently, my dad is ready to be released at the end of this month. Rather bad timing in that it's the week before Easter and do you really think tickets will be somewhat affordable? I need to fly up there and get him (along with all his medication and whatever else I can think of quickly) and then turn around and fly back to Florida with him in tow. This will be interesting.

Curious what this will do to the budget temporarily. I mean, he has 'some' money left over every month since I turned the car back to the bank. He does have bills that need to be paid, I am working my way through them, trying to prioritize what I have here and there and deciding what NEEDS to be paid, and what can be possibly negotiated. Yes, bad debts. That is what I'm talking about. And I am so not ready for the bill collectors to figure out he's living HERE and calling our house for him. Uggg.

He will stay with us for a bit, a few weeks, possibly longer, til I can find him someplace to live. I just don't know why, but Mark and I are not comfortable with him being here by himself 10 to 12 hours a day. I've got tile everywhere, steps here and there, and well, it's just a big house. And if he's coming and going on his walks, how do I make sure he locks up when he leaves (sorry, he's not used to arbitrary break ins like we are down here, daytime break ins are 75% more likely than night time ... and the list goes on and on.  I feel very bad in that we DO have the room for him, I've got a guest room, guest bath and a guest kitchen, plus the Florida room located on the other side of the house. We could go for days without seeing each other, technically. But yet, come Friday and Saturdays, when we entertain, the music, the activity at the bar area, the laughing etc., could be 'disturbing' to him. Yes, I'm worried about inconveniencing HIM. What the heck??

Anyways. We will have to wait and see how this works out ... but in the meantime, Zero Spend Days? Bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment