Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Quick Stop At Target

Heh, let's just say that for the most part, Target is NOT my friend.

See,  I stopped by there the other morning to look for any kind of good food mark downs, along with paper items since it's the week after Christmas.  Remember, over here, I was going back and forth on whether or not I should explore ....

Needless to say, I should have stayed out of there.

First trip that morning yielded a LOT of Hickory Farm summer sausage and cheeses. Like $50 worth (they were $2.49 for a 10 oz cheese and $2.49 for the 1 lb roll). A good deal in my book and something that is shelf stable without taking up valuable space in fridges and freezers. Not to mention, we all like this stuff ...

The 2nd trip (that evening) was solely to get the 80/20% hamburger for $2.50/lb. I got 10 packages because over here, I was just complaining about the lack of beef in my freezers AND the fact that it's close to $4 a pound nowdays. And a bag of frozen, peeled cooked shrimp (1 lb) $5.99. And more Hickory Farms pepperoni sticks ($2.49 again). This cost me $53.30. How do I know the exact amount? Because I had $53 in my purse but NO CHANGE. So ended up using the debit card (thankfully my bank was one of the ones who joined the no fee for using it).

So I spent $100+ at Target in one day, 2 trips. Really. On food stuff, no less. Not good. Uh uh. Not at all.

We did have cheese and sausage with crackers for dinner. Wanted to make some burgers but of course, don't have any burger buns on hand. Think I will do that for New Years Day ... thinking of some juicy lucy using the smoked cheddar cheese ... yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment