Friday, December 23, 2011

Enough is Enough

Imagine my surprise, when a week before Christmas, TWO Women's Health magazines show up in the mailbox. Hmmm....what happened to Rule #3, no new subscriptions?? Heh. Good thing I did this LAST month.

Anyways. It can be a beneficial magazine I think.


So in December's issue (go to the library!), there is an article on page 105, titled "Enough with the Stuff". It's pretty spot on.

1. Recognize the problem. It doesn't happen overnight, it creeps in. Clutter is caused by NOT handling the item and dealing with it immediately. Same with over abundance of clothing and accessories/shoes. Having too many choices can make you lose time, which we all know, time IS money.

2. Makeover your mindset. Which is what 2012 is supposed to be all about for me. WH recommends that you focus on acquiring EXPERIENCES not things. I wholeheartedly agree. Remembering that less is more.

3. Know what needs to go.  This is a difficult one for me, although the day or two before the garage sale, I grab EVERYTHING that hasn't brought me joy in the last week. I think it's supposed to be in the past 6 months or so ... sort of goes back to the multiple black skirts I have. One for each stage of the month (you know, bloated, thin, achy, crampy, etc.)

4. Clear the clutter. Pretty much self explanatory. The first 3 items above should be leading you up to this regardless. I think I may have it covered under Rule #6 for replacement items with the one in one out rule. They also suggest a cap to the number of items, like 5 pairs of jeans. Hmmm. It's a thought worth keeping in mind.

How about you? Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment