Monday, December 12, 2011

Rule #8 - Get Serious About Saving

Number 8 of 10 ...

Get serious about saving. Really.

I get a weekly check of $143.68. Then I also get a check the 1st and 15th of each month for a lot more. And then I also get a month end check for bonuses. And another check from the one attorney for some side work I do (not sure how long this will last) and of course, the pennies from the blogs and a few bucks from Text Brokers.

So um, yeah, I make a decent amount.

Which means I should have a LOT saved. But I don't. I spend. Sometimes mindlessly. Which is why I'm where I am today.

That weekly check? That is going into the Chase no-touch savings account. I say NO-TOUCH because it's not convenient for me to get there or to take money out. I don't even have the account number memorized or my pin for the ATM card. Ha. Perfect.

This should equate to $7,471.36 for the year. That's a decent savings, don't you think?

Rule #8:

Savings account to be added to WEEKLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment