Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday and Sunday, January 28th & 29th, 2012

The weekend is coming to an end and I'm so thankful to be able to say: Zero Spend for both days! That makes 5, yes FIVE days in a row. Excellent.

Of course, Mark took me out to dinner last night after our fast day out on the water. And he went to the store today to get some Cubano bread to go with the huge pot of red sauce he made (I'm afraid to look at the pantry and see how much of my tomato sauce he used, 8 28 oz cans??).  As he is not completely on the Year of Zero, he's entitled, I suppose, to cave in and run and get what he feels is necessary once in awhile :-)

I don't think I need to hit the store tomorrow or Tuesday at this point. I do want to go by Wednesday evening though to get the LaCroix sparkling water that on sale and I also have a $1 off 12 pk coupon. I should be able to get 2 12 packs for $2.50 with the sale and coupon ... this could help spread the wine over the month ... I've given myself $20 for each week in February for groceries. Lets see how it goes.

My menu plan is already messed up in that I wanted to make chicken kiev for dinner (and document for the other blog) but Mark took over the kitchen doing the sauce, so maybe I can prep it in the morning for dinner tomorrow ... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment