Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012

Yippee, it was another Zero Spend Day!

I came so very close to a drive through for BK though in the morning after I gave blood. Wouldn't have been so tempting except I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes at the lab place. At least it was interesting people watching and I had the Kindle with me to read ... but still. I was starving when I got out of there. Munched on a cheese stick and ate another when I got to the office.

The water bills both came in the mail. $20.47 is due on the sprinklers and $106.60 on the house ...they must have sent a meter reader by as the sprinkler is more than normal and the house is less than normal. Go figure.

Looks like I will be picking up my dad's electric bill this month. Said no to the car payment. $350 for a 5 year old car that is crapped out. I am trying to pursued everyone to just give it back (I know, not ethical or right, but he's living on $900 a month now with NO Medicare D and severe diabetes) and let Mark find him a car that we will pick up for him (2 grand should be a good deal) ... I don't know what else to do. He wants to come down here, seems to think this will make the world all right. And maybe it would for him, but I just don't know.... finally told him that we will bring him down for 3 weeks or so and see how he likes it. Who knows, he may hate it ... we may love it? It will definitely be an adjustment but it's not like it's for the next 20 years of our life, you know? And then I can at least keep an eye on him.

And just what does that last paragraph have  to do with the Year of Zero, you ask? Nothing and everything, depending on where it goes.  It's certainly NOT looking like I will have $900 left to roll to the savings account at the end of this month, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment